Are you frustrated with your slow download speed? Want to know how to make downloads faster on ps4? Or is your ps4 download speed slow but internet fast?
As the games are becoming bigger and bigger, it tends to slow down the download speed. Thus, it becomes a real problem!
Take a chill pill! Because in this blog, we have shared how to make downloads faster on PS4 and explained some common reasons behind this big problem.
So let’s begin!
Reasons Ps4 Download Speed Slower Than Test: Common Causes Explained!
Have you ever wondered, “Why is my PS4 download speed slow?” Or thought, “Why is my ps4 downloading so slow?”
Well, we have concluded and found the leading cause behind such issues. We have listed the identifiable causes below:
1. Old, rusty router
2. Issues with server
3. PS4 not updated
4. Background applications are still running
5. Poor internet connection
Five Easy And Simple Ways How To Speed Up Ps4 Downloads
The download speed for movies, games, PS4 and other software depends on how good the internet connection is! with that being said, we have shared some of the most used ways to speed up the PS4 downloads:
1. Optimizing Your Internet Settings for Faster PS4 Downloads
Did you know that a poor internet connection can slow down PS4 downloads? Instead of finding the problem in the gaming console, the issue can be found on your internet.
Such problems can stem from limitations set or malfunctioning hardware by your internet provider. Moreover, if you have a limited data plan, it can limit you from downloading bigger content. Aside from this, even your router and modem have limitations on how much data they can handle at once.
You need to fully utilize the hardware as per your top-tier plan to get the best out of it. Plus, you need to check whether you are using the right equipment for your data package.
After all, optimizing your internet settings does not mean just paying bigger hefty amounts for fast internet speed, right?
So here are some useful tricks you can try to improve your internet connection:
Router location: Keep your router in the best location, make sure it is placed where it has no nearby obstructions.
Download important files when the internet is not in use: It is best not to use wifi when many people are using it. Both the downloads will be slower if two or more people are downloading something.
Circumvent the router: To stop the wifi problem, you can try connecting PS4 to your modem via Ethernet cable for faster downloads.
Read on to find out the next ps4 download speed fix.
2. Switching DNS Servers for Faster PS4 Downloads
Wanna know the most effective way to speed up your PS4 downloads? You can do that by adjusting your console’s DNS settings.
Many of you might not know that it translates human-friendly web addresses into IP addresses. That is why it is called the phone book of the internet.
Here is how to switch DNS servers:
- Open Settings.
- Select Network.
- Go to Set Up Internet Connection
- Click on Use wifi if your console is connected to a wireless network.
- Or you can select Use a LAN Cable if the console is connected to the modem.
- Click on Custom to change your DNS settings.
- You will be taken to the IP Address Settings screen. There, you need to click on Automatic.
- Select Do Not Specify.
- Click on Manual to edit the DNS IP addresses.
- Then, you will be prompted to enter secondary and primary IP addresses for your DNS server of choice.
- Any two of these listed options will boost your internet speed.
- Google: 22.214.171.124 (Primary); 126.96.36.199 (Secondary)
- OpenDNS: 188.8.131.52 (Primary); 184.108.40.206 (Secondary)
- After doing that, click Next loaded at the bottom of your screen to move on to your MTU settings.
- Again, select Automatic on the next screen.
- Now, click Do Not Use from the Proxy Servers page.
- Then, click on the Test Connection on the next screen to check if the download speed has improved or not.
3. Speed Up PS4 Downloads With a Proxy Server
Are you still unsatisfied after trying the two above methods to fix your PS4 download speed?
We have come up with yet another solution to make your ps4 download speed 100x faster. But for that, you need to set up a proxy server on your device, which will aid the process.
Here is how to do that:
1. First of all, download and install the Proxy Server software on the device.
Are you a Windows user? Then, you can use CCProxy for free. And Mac users can use Squidman.
2. Make sure to launch the proxy server. Then obtain its port and IP numbers. People using CCProxy can get this information in the options menu.
3. To set up a new internet connection on your PS4, you need to:
- Go to settings
- Set Up Internet Connection
- Use Wifi
- Select the router
4. You can click either Do not Specify or Automatic unless and until you reach the ProxyServer page.
5. Now, it is time to enter the proxy server’s port number and IP number.
This way, your PS4 will use the PC as a proxy server. Thus, it will increase the download speed.
4. Pause and Resume Your PS4 Download
You might have heard the Pause and Resume solution from your peer many times when a download is stuck. Well, this method works most of the time while downloading PS4.
If your file is getting downloaded at a low speed, please don’t get annoyed. Next time, when this happens, pause and resume the download file to speed up the download process.
We have no logical reason to explain this. But it is a trick which one must try. Here is how to do it:
- Firstly, go to the downloads from the notification panel.
- Then click X on the controller when you highlight the download, which you want to pause.
- Click the C button again to resume the PS4 download.
Are you wondering, “Do games download faster in rest mode ps4?” Well, yes they do! For that, you need to check out the next solution.
5. Fast PS4 Download in Rest Mode
Downloading PS4 in rest mode not only makes its download speed faster but also saves energy.
Here is how to Download in Rest Mode:
- Scroll up and go to the right from the main dashboard, which has all of your games.
- Then, select the toolbox icon to open the Settings.
- Click on Power Save Settings.
- Pick Set Functions Available in Rest Mode.
- Tick the box located next to Stay.
- Lastly, connect your internet so that the console continues to download while it is in the rest mode.
Looking for an easy way how to speed up downloads on ps4 using a hotspot? Then keep reading!
6. Download PS4 games faster using hotspot
Without further ado, let’s begin with the solution to download PS4 games quicker with the help of a hotspot:
Fix #1: Change the network to 5GHz in the Mobile Hotspot and Tethering
Fix #2: Disable the remote play in the device settings.
Fix #3: Keep your phone closer to the PS4.
Fix #4: Reboot your phone
Fix #5: Restart the PS4
Here are some other practices to abide by while downloading PS4 files
- Download one thing at a time
- Don’t play online during downloads
- Install the latest version of the PS4 system software
Our Final Take
That is how to increase the ps4 download speed limit. We know that PS4 downloads can be annoying. Thankfully, it is now possible to make the download faster.
We have shared the fully detailed steps and some easy peasy tricks and tips to get the problem solved within minutes. Then you can download as many new PS4 games as you want without any obstruction. We hope our suggestions worked for you. If it did, then keep visiting us for more.
Read More-LG G6 Latest Software Update