Do you want to update your LG G6 phone? Are you eager to know the process of LG G6 latest software update? If your answer is yes, then you are at the right place.
In this article, you will find information regarding LG G6 as a name, its benefits, need challenges, software update comparison with another device, and issues with flash tools. We will also see the firmware update for LG B6 (smart TV)
Let’s see all of them one by one.
What A G6 Mean: Name Says It All
Well! G6 is actually an abbreviation for Gulfstream G650. It is a luxury private jet. G6 is used by hip-hop group Far East Movement as a term used for someone who is cool, confident, and very rich.
Hence as the name says, this phone will make you feel cool, confident, and luxurious.
Post knowing the meaning of the name, let’s see how we can keep it updated.
Updating LG G6 To Oreo
The next step is to make sure that your LG G6 is holding updated and latest Android Version. Hence, LG g6 update oreo will be done basis the below steps
- Go to setting option in LG G6
- Go to General > select “About phone” from the drop down list
- Select Phone management which is at the bottom in the list view > about phone
- Select the update Center from drop down list
- Now go to system update in the drop down list
- Click on “check for updates button” if any update will be available then it will show on the screen
- Follow the further steps
And it’s all set to Oreo. But, do you have Android 11? Now let’s see how we will get an updated Android version for the phone
Will Lg G6 Update Android 11?
As per the updates received for LG G6 via xda, from the company, LG G6 will have IOS 14 compatibility. Hence, Android 11 will be available for your LG G6.
- To update select software update > settings app
- Check for software updates
Till now we have talked about the latest android version. But have you ever thought that why it is even important to update the software?
Let’s find out!
Why Updating Phone Is Important
Updating the phone makes its security strong enough for bugs and virus attacks.
- Whenever software companies discover any threat in their system, they create the update which will help the phone to be secure. If you don’t run these updates on time then your phone will be vulnerable to all the external bugs and virus.
- Outdated system attracts malware infections and other cyber issues.
Hence, it is always advisable to keep your phone up to date by installing all the updates in your phone
Benefits Of Updating Mobile Software
Well, the software provides regular updates to the phone to make it up to date.
Below are a few of its benefits:
- Phone has latest version of updates
- Phone receives new and enhanced features
- New features are updated in the mobile phone
- Helps in resolving the bugs and any ongoing issue/problem by providing the update
- Provides latest software version compatible with the mobile
- Helps in improvising the performance and the stability of the phone
- It provides extra speed (phone works fast) to the phone
Considering all the benefits, there still can be some challenges. After all, it’s technology!
Challenges In Updating Software
Below are a few issues that users face while downloading the software
- Poor Internet Connection: due tobad network sometimes updates are not downloaded. Unstable internet connection happens when internet is not working.
- Inadequate Mobile Space: when you need to run the updates, mobile should have some space empty so that all the updates can be saved into the mobile phone.
Lack of space will not let the updates run on the mobile and can also not be saved.
- Performance Issue: Sometimes the updates are so heavy that they make mobile go slow or even end up in make them hang or creating the performance issue.
- Device Reboot Issue: This is very common issue. Due to certain updates mobile keeps on rebooting automatically.
- Phone Charging Issue: it takes time to do the software update in the mobile. Hence the phone should be fully charged for uninterrupted installation of the updates.
Now we know why to update the mobile phone. There are many mobiles in the market. Let’s compare this super device with Stylo 4 to see which will be your priority.
Comparison Section: G6 Vs Stylo 4
Below are the top differentiation of these two products
- Operating System: LG G6 has Android OS, v7.0 (Nougat) version whereas LG Stylo 4 has Android OS, v8.1 (Oreo) version
- Sim: LG G6 has Single Nano Sim whereas LG Stylo 4 has Dual Sim
- Performance: LG G6 has Snapdragon 821 and LG Stylo 4 has Snapdragon 450
- Display: LG G6 has 5.7″ (14.48 cm) and LG Stylo 4 has 6.2″ (15.75 cm)
- Screen Resolution: LG G6 has 1440 x 2880 pixels whereas LG Stylo 4 has 1080 x 2160 pixels
- Dimension: LG G6 has 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9 mm whereas LG Stylo 4 has 160.02 x 77.72 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: LG G6 is 163 g but LG Stylo 4 has 172 g
- Chipset: LG G6 hasQualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 but LG Stylo 4 has Snapdragon
- CPU: LG G6 has Quad-core (2×2.35 GHz Kryo whereas LG Stylo 4 has 2×1.6 GHz Kryo) Octa Core 1.8 GHz
- Internal Storage: LG G6 has 64 GB Storage and LG Stylo 7 has 32 GB Storage
- RAM: LG G6 has 4 GB RAM and LG Stylo 4 has 3 GB RAM
- Camera: LG G6 has 13 MP + 13 MP Dual Camera whereas LG Stylo 4 has 13 MP Camera with LED Flash
- Video Recording: LG G6 has 2160 p @ 30 fps, 1080 p @ 30 fps whereas in LG Stylo 4 1080 p @ 30 fps is available
- Camera Features: LG G6 has Geo Tagging, HDR and LG Stylo 4 has Geo tagging, Touch Focus, Face Detection, Panorama, Portrait mode
- WLAN: LG G6 has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot whereas LG Stylo 4 has Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: LG G6 has v4.2, A2DP, LE, aptX and LG Stylo 4 has HD v4.2, A2DP, LE
USB: LG G6 has Type-C 2.0 reversible connector and LG Stylo 4 has USB On-The-Go USB Type-C 2
- GPS Facility: LG G6 comprises with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS and LG Stylo 4 consist with A-GPS
- Speed: LG G6 has HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/150 Mbps and LG Stylo 4 has HSDPA, LTE
- Sensors: LG G6 has Fingerprint Sensor, Waterproof, NFC, Dust Resistant and LG Stylo 4 consist of Fingerprint Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass
I am sure that you are impressed with LG G6 and are feeling good to own it. However, there of course is a technical issue with the phone as well. Let’s see how we can sort it.
Lg Technical Concerns And Solutions
LG Flash Tool Connection To Server Failed
Whenever the server of the system is facing a registry issue LG flash tool connection encounters a server failed error.
The below steps will help you to resolve the LG flash tool connection to the server failed issue.
- Download free server RegCure Pro and install it completely
- Now, Follow the scan process on the screen
Updating LG K7 Software
Are you curious to know the process to update the LG k7 software update? Don’t worry we will help you here. Follow the below steps to update software updates on your LG K7 phone
- Go to settings option
- From the drop down click “General”
- Now go to About phone
- Select the update center
- Click on software update from the drop down
- Click on “Check now for updated” to search for the updates
- Wait and follow the steps from the screen
Let’s see now how we can update Firmware on LG B6 (SMART TV)
Updating Firmware On LG B6
Whenever the smart TV needs Firmware updates, the smart TV will start showing you the update. Below are the points showing the LG b6 firmware update
- Need to go to menu (setting)
- Check for firmware updates
- Update and follow the steps if Firmware updates are available
These updates improvise the quality and the performance of your smart TV. They enhance the configurations and features of the smart TV. Hence you should never miss it.
I am sure I was able to through the light on the information purely related to updating the updates in LG mobile and smart tv.
Let’s see the frequently asked questions which will help to understand the process properly
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is The Latest Android Version For LG G6?
Android Pie is the latest Android version which is available for LG G6.
2. Will Android 10 Come To LG G6?
LG has yet not come up with any date for Android 10. Few XDA developers have already released custom Pie-based ROM. However, no date for Android 10 has been revealed. But they are working on it.
3. What Operating System Does LG G6 Use?
LG G6 uses an intuitive Android operating system. This system has the Fast process
4. How Long Will LG G6 Be Supported?
LG G6 commits to provide three years of android updates for their premium device. It will provide 2 years of android updates to mid-range devices too.
Post-reading this article now you will not face any issue with updating your LG phone and smart TV. By following the update steps, you can always keep your devices updated