Are you questioning, Why my windows 10 version 1903 won’t install error?
Updates come with major fixes, new features, and other improvements so it is best to install them as soon as possible. Sadly, it takes ages for some people to update and download the files.
If you are facing any errors during the Windows 10 v1903 update, check out our tutorial to find the causes and solutions to resolve the Windows 10 1903 update installation error.
Top Reasons For Why Does Windows 10 Update Fail To Install
Are you thinking, Why does Windows 10 version 1903 take so long to install? Or why do updates take so long to install?
Then here is the list of reasons why it happens.
- Microsoft keeps on adding larger files and features.
- You have a fragmented or nearly filled hard drive.
- Your internet speed is very low.
- Your office network is overburdened when many users are trying to download the update at the same time.
- Hard drives and firewalls can cause slow updates.
- The hardware is either faulty or outdated.
- Damaged or corrupted system files can be the culprit.
If you want to solve these issues, continue reading for a quick and easy solution.
4 Methods On How To Fix Windows 10, Version 1903 – Error 0xc1900223
Before proceeding to install the update, make sure to troubleshoot the windows 10 version 1903 pending install error, perform all the needed actions, then install the update.
1. Ensure that you have more than 32 GB disk space before installing version 1903.
2. Download and install the latest Servicing stack update for the new version.
3. Make sure to get rid of all the external storage media like SD cards, USB drives, USB connectors, and any other devices that aren’t needed (USB Printer, USB Wireless Network Card)
4. In the next step, temporarily disable or uninstall any third-party security program or antivirus apps from your device.
5. If Developer Mode is enabled by mistake in your system, disable it. Uninstall it and continue updating the Windows 10 version 1903.
If you don’t know how to disable it, here is how to do that:
a. Go to Settings, click on Update and Security, tap on For developers.
b. Click on Sideload apps and select Yes to confirm.
c. Now, find the Settings, then go to Apps, click on Manage optional features, then go to Windows Developers Mode.
d. Uninstall and confirm Yes. restart your device and continue with the update.
6. Make sure to disable the Drive Encryption if you have enabled it. Then, decrypt the drive C before uninstalling the update.
7. Fix the Windows Updates errors by running Windows Update Troubleshooter.
Here is how to do that:
a. Go to Start and click on Settings.
b. Tap on Update & Security, then Troubleshoot the problem.
c. Lastly, click on Windows Update.
Now your computer is ready to be updated. Are you wondering, How do I force Windows 10 to update to 1903? Then, continue scrolling!
Easy Ways On How To Feature Update To Windows 10 Version 1903 Download
Are you questioning, “how to do a windows 10 update awaiting install?” Fret not! We have brought six easy solutions just for you!
Method 1. Force Windows 10 To Download The Update V1903 From Scratch.
The reason is the incomplete update behind the Windows update errors. In such cases, delete the Windows Update Store folder so that Windows is forced to re-download the update from scratch.
Here is how to do that:
1. Press the Win image + R keys simultaneously to open the run command box.
2. Type the mentioned command and click the OK button.
3. Locate the Windows Update service at the right pane from the list of services.
4. Now, right-click on Windows Update and click on Stop.
5. Then, close the Services window.
If you are unable to stop the Windows Update service, then follow the below steps:
a. Double click on the Windows Update service and open its properties.
b. Make sure the Startup type is set to disable, then select OK.
c. Restart your PC.
d. Once you restart, continue the next steps mentioned below.
6. Go to Windows Explorer and find the C:\Windows folder.
7. Find and delete the SoftwareDistribution folder.
If you are unable to delete the folder and it shows Folder in use – try again!, then restart the PC in Safe more and repeat the above procedures.
Make sure to check whether you have disabled the Windows Update service. If yes, then go to the services and click on Startup type to Automatic.
8. Restart your computer.
9. Once you restart your device, go to Start image, click on Settings, then Update and Security.
10. Select the Check for updates section and download and install the update again.
Method 2. Install The Windows 10 Version 1903 Using The Upgrade Assistant.
The next solution to fix the feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 stuck error. All you need to do is install the update by using the Windows Update Assistant. Here is how to do so:
1. Repeat the same instructions from Step 1 from Method 1 listed above.
2. Next delete the SoftwareDistribution folder.
3. Go to the Windows 10 download website and select the Update now icon.
4. When you are asked, tap on it to Run the Windows10Upgrade9252.exe file. Doing so will start the installation process immediately.
Select the save button to run the installer later.
5. Lastly, select the Update Now button and follow the prompts mentioned on the screen. Doing so will assist you to update your system to the latest release of Windows 10, version 1903.
Method 3. Fix Windows Corruption Errors With DISM & SFC Tools.
The third way to solve the Windows 10 Update 1903 installation error is by repairing the system files. Follow the procedure below to reloved the issue:
1. Type command prompt or cmd to open the command prompt as administrator.
2. Now, right-click on the command prompt (result). After doing that, click on Run as Administrator.
3. Type the below command at the command prompt window and press enter:
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth
4. Here, you need to be very patient until the DISM gets repaired. Once the operation is complete, you will be informed that the component store corruption was repaired.
5. Give the command and click the Enter button.
6. Once the SFC command is complete, restart your PC.
7. After all the steps are done, try updating the system again.
Method 4. Install Windows 10 v1903 Update With An In-Place Upgrade.
The fourth and last method, which works all the time is by performing the Repair-Upgrade, by installing the update from a Windows 10 installation media.
Don’t know how to do it? Read the guide below!
1. Download and run the Media Creation tool. Then make sure to create a USB Windows 10 installation media.
2. Disconnect from the Internet.
3. Now, plug in the USB media on your computer and run the USB’s Setup.exe.
4. After doing that, try updating your system.
So these were the four most used ways or fixes that will work from Windows 10 version 1511 to 1903.
You can also try the above methods if your windows 10 update failed to install 20h2. This new minor update has a few new features.
Are you wondering, “After trying the above ways, What do I do if Windows 10 won’t install updates?
If the problem persists, optimize your network by purchasing more bandwidth from your internet service provider or upgrading to a fiber optic connection.
Or else you can schedule the updates during the low-traffic periods when the PCs and office networks are not busy.
That’s it! This is how to solve the Windows 10 version 1903 won’t install problems. We also shared the common reasons why the update won’t install on your computer.
By following the listed ways carefully you can get rid of the unwanted trouble. Although it is a little buggy, it comes with new functions and features. Did any of these ways work for you? If yes, then share it with your buddies to help them. And stay tuned for more!
Read More: Guide To Reset Ps3: How To Factory Reset Ps3